It’s Friday and it’s girls night! If you are a seasoned host or in need of some new inspiration I hope this article is fun and helpful. I love planning an evening for my girls while keeping it traditional and fresh. I love to create a space that is cozy for my friends. It’s also important to set the mood. I enjoy relaxing with my friends and letting them and the conversation guide the evening.
Not all evenings are laid back and relaxed. However, some of the most restorative and uplifting girls nights have revolved around conversations that lasted until the early morning hours. So here are a few lists to help inspire your next girls night.
Mood setting ideas:
- Light candles
- Dim the lights
- Turn on the fire-place or have a fire
- Gather all the blankets and have them folded around the couch so everyone has their own to cuddle with
- Open a few bottles of wine. I place mine with glasses on the coffee table so when everyone arrives they feel invited to help themselves.
- I also create a “Tea Station”. I put out honey, sugar, lemons, hot water and a variety of tea options for those who might prefer a hot beverage.
- You can always supplement the tea station with a bottle of your favorite whiskey. Why? Hot Toddy’s of course!
- Diffuse a favorite essential oil or…
- Light a favorite incense
Girls Night Essentials:
- I ask my friends to bring their own favorite face mask, lotions and hand creams to use.
- I like to have current magazines on hand for reading and discussing.
- I’ll put out my box of manicure supplies and let my friends help themselves and or help each other.
Food and Drink: The possibilities are endless.. here are my favorites!
- Wine. I do my best to accommodate my friends and their taste in wine. This usually means I have bottles of dry, sweet and sparkling wines open and that are ready for serving.
- Peanut M&M’s are a favorite on my girls nights so a big bowl is necessary!
- A veggie, cheese and meat tray. Which might sound relatively anti-climatic but we love it!
Movie Suggestions: I’m suggesting my top 10 favorite classic movies for this list. They are in no particular order.
- Monkey Business
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- An Affair to Remember
- The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
- The African Queen
- My Fair Lady
ENJOY! Comment with your favorite girls night suggestions!