Bath-time is my favorite way to unwind. I have created a personal ritual to relax and de-stress after a long day at work. I do this to reset my mental state of mind so I can focus on my husband when he gets home. At the end of the day the last thing my husband needs is to come home to a stressed wife. Not that I’m some 1950’s housewife, but I really enjoy helping my husband destress when he arrives home too. I also arrive home before he does so it just makes sense to me. In order to do this I need to be in a state of hygge. Here is how I reset at the end of a stressful day…
My 5 Hygge Bath-Time Necessities:
- Dr. Teals Lavender Epsom Salts – I love this salt because of the lavender scent. I also struggle with an old sports injury and the epsom salt helps to ease my back pain. To enhance the lavender’s effects I usually like to put 2-5 drops of lavender essential oil in stream of running water. I order my salt on amazon or go to the local drugstore. There are many good brands to choose from. You can pick what works best for you and your needs. https://www.amazon.com/Dr-Teals-Lavender-Epsom-Salt/dp/B003GC4GH2
- Lush’s Scrubee Body Butter – Invest in a good body butter. My favorite bar was recommended to me by my sister-in-law. I have purchased this body butter bar many times for myself and have gifted it to my friends on many occasions. It smells incredible and makes your skin super soft. It exfoliates and it moisturizes making it the perfect bath-time pairing. I leave the bath feeling warm, cozy, hydrated and hygge. https://www.lushusa.com/body/body-butters/scrubee/07188.html
- Candles – I love using my favorite candles in the bath tub. I usually try to light candles that complement my lavender bath salt scent. For example, I like to use either eucalyptus or mint scented candles. Overall, candles are an excellent mood setter a great way to start feeling that cozy glow.
- Music – I like to play music when I’m relaxing. I enjoy listening to a variety of music but I really enjoy the “Morning Hits Radio” on Pandora. It is the perfect combination of chill and happy. Music can really tame my mind when my brain seems to be rocket launching my thoughts.
- The whole d@mn bottle of wine – Pour yourself a glass of your favorite wine and bring the bottle with you. I like to have the bottle on the edge of the bathtub next to a candle basking in all its liquid glory. Even if I only want to sip on my one glass of wine at least I have the option to keep on pouring. I also recommend a big glass of lemon water to stay hydrated while soaking in a hot bath. The lemon helps maintain a good pH in your body along with many other restorative benefits. Besides, my husband doesn’t mind coming home to a wine buzzed wife with a big smile on her face anyway. When I’m not feeling the wine ( I know crazy, right?!) I like to sip on fruit infused water. I’ll add wedge of lemon throw in sliced strawberries, a few raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. The water tastes refreshing and the fruit is a delightfully added snack.
Overall, I feel it is important to reset at the end of the day. I personally sleep better, wake up happier, and feel more restored. Another suggestion could be adding flowers in the bath or in a vase to enjoy. Happy Resetting!