I enjoy a good hot toddy on rainy and snowy days. Today has consisted of sipping this delicious beverage by the fire while watching tv shows with the husband. It’s a fan favorite in my house and I hope you enjoy as well!
- 2 wedges of lemon (or to taste)
- 3-5 thin slices of ginger root (or to taste)
- 1 8-ounce mug of water (heated to your preference)
- 1 ounce of your favorite whiskey ( I prefer Jameson)
- Raw honey (sweeten to taste)
- Make hot water in a teapot. Do not boil because you run the risk of burning the lemon juices.
- Place honey in mug and use as much or as little as you would like.
- Once the water is at the temperature you prefer, pour the water into the mug with the honey. Stir until honey is well mixed.
- Next, add the slices of ginger and squeeze the first wedge of lemon into the mug.
- Then, place the second wedge in the mug as a garnish.
- Top this beverage off with your favorite whiskey…
- Sip and Enjoy!