Summer is just around the corner and I couldn’t be more excited! The world is blooming and ready for adventures. I enjoy sunshine, being outside and I love to entertain guests. Summer isn’t exactly your notoriously cozy “sweater weather”. So here are a few suggestions to elevate your summer patio decor with my favorite hygge accents. Especially, when you’re surrounding yourself with the warmth of family and friends. After all, there’s nothing quite like a hygge filled evening with friends and family to fill you with the wonderful warm and fuzzies.
- Candles – I love tea candles because they are small and you can get creative! Especially on outdoor surfaces! I think they get overlooked a lot but having a stack of tea candles around is always a good idea. You can use plain water glasses to put the tea candles in if you don’t already have a holder for them.
- Lanterns – nothing says “home” like lanterns lighting up the yard. I’ve placed the lanterns in the yard to outline the garden beds. They work amazingly. IKEA has lanterns that range from $5-$25. Which are pictured above. The solar lanterns were purchased as a set of four on amazon. They also have a great variety of lantern choices for very affordable prices.
- Pillows – outdoor pillows are great. They have an added coziness and they really add to the decor of a table. In my opinion it excites people to sit around the table because they instantly feel cozy and comfortable.
- Placemats – they are very simple but placemats really pull the table together and complete the cozy look! These placemats were also found on amazon.
- Fire – a small fire in the background adds the sound of crackling wood and really sets the mood!
- Water-sounds – I’m fortunate to have a pond with two waterfalls that sound beautiful… But maybe you live in an apartment… Well…
- Music – Play good mood music! You can even play nature sounds over a speaker to give that same waterfall sound effect! When I had my first apartment I did this all the time on the patio!
- Don’t forget, the absolute most important part of hygge entertaining is being surrounded by your loved ones. ❤