Don’t get me wrong here… I love coffee!! But, I can’t drink coffee after 3pm or I won’t sleep very well that evening. I thought I would share a few ways that I have used on a daily basis to perk up and skip the afternoon coffee. These exercises also elevate my inner hygge as well! Enjoy!!
- Breathing Exercises – Breathe deeply through the nose and exhale slowly out of the mouth. Do this 5-10 times. For added perkiness I like to sit cross legged on my yoga mat when I’m at home. I sit up straight and breathe. This is one of my favorites.
- Citrus essential oils – diffusing the correct essential oils can help keep you alert and focused. My favorites are Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit and even Peppermint. I personally gravitate towards the citrus staying happy and perky. You can even buy jewelry that allows you to carry the scents with you.
- Stretch – stand up and stretch it out! 5-10 minutes should do the trick.
- Lemon water – I will drink a big glass of water with a few lemon wedges in it. This always wakes me up and you’re hydrating which is important. Lemon water can also help balance the pH of your body.
- Walk your dog – I immediately feel good when I pull out the leash and my pup starts doing circles out of excitement. If you don’t have a furry friend, no worries! Just play some music and walk it out! It feels great even if it’s just up the road and back!